Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trip to Amish country

A few weeks ago Ray & I had to take the car to Luther Ford in Homer City - were we bought it to have the under coating checked and decided to take a ride through Amish Country. We have been wanting to go to the Cheese Factory to get cheese. It is so much better and cheaper than in the grocery stores. And of course I took my camera. The country side is so beautiful. It was a cloudy day - but the pictures still came out pretty good. Below is one of the may beautiful Amish farms in Smicksburg.
The cheese factory is nothing more than a white brick building in the middle of nowhere. On the side of the building there is a sign that says "NO HORSES BEYOND THIS POINT" It was funny to see that - usually you see 'NO TRUCKS BEYONG THIS POINT" They had fresh baked bread for sale. It was still warm - so of course a loaf ended up in my car. Needless to say it didn't last long once it got in the house.

This is a store just outside of Smicksburg. Not sure what they sell there - we didn't stop. It looked like they sold Amish furniture. There were some on display outside the shop.


I was experimenting with taking pictures as we were driving down the road. I got a good shot of the wheels.



This horse and buggy were parked outside of the cheese factory. I would have liked to get a photo of an Amish person - but you are not to take their pictures.




Yes this is a duplicate picture - I forgot what picture's I had uploaded - so it was too late to delete.
Well I hope you liked my trip to Amish Country. Sorry Tia - it was not as entertaining as your trip to Dayton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







1 comment:

  1. But that interesting little saga was ONLY for you Inny!!! Great Pics and looks like a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete