Sunday, October 4, 2009

Paige's special day

Last winter I took the girls one at a time on their special days. Cole didn't want to go at that time. I thought that they would only want to go one time. But as luck would have it they asked me a few weeks ago if they could each have another special day - I said "absolutely - let me know when you want to go". Paige said that it was her turn to go first since Hannah went first the last time. I asked Cole if he wanted to go this time and he said OK. So Sunday
September 6, 2009 Paige ventured out on our Special Day.
So here we are - a proud Grandma and her Special oldest granddaughter - Paige - on our way to have a very special day together. Our first stop is to Valley Dairy. You have to have the proper nourishment in order to shop.
This picture is out of order - I must have zigged instead of zagged when uploading the pictures. OH well. Anyway this was her dessert. She couldn't decide if she wanted the small sundae or the large. Well as you can see she ordered the large. Peanut Butter Cup Sundae. She told me that she didn't think she would be able to eat it all. Well let me tell you she ate every bite and I was afraid she may eat the dish too. She enjoyed every bite.

For her meal she got her usual cheeseburger. She couldn't decide whether to get fries or something different. She said she wanted to try a salad with ranch dressing. I am very proud of her she is trying new things lately. When it came she kept asking me what different things were in the salad. I told her they were different types of lettuce. It didn't look like the lettuce she is used to seeing. She tried it - but didn't eat much of it. I think I ate most of it.



After lunch we were off to Wal-mart to do our shopping. She is such an easy person to go shopping with. We looked around at many different things - toys - clothes - books. She would have been happy with just about anything. It didn't take her long to decide.





She settled on the blue & black stripped dress with a pair of black sparkly leggings to match. A tank top with a skort and a glitter ball. The ball is one thing that she has been wanting for a long time. It was great to be able to talk to her and she to me. We talked about what she is doing in school. We had a wonderful time. It is such a rewarding experience to be able to communicate with her one on one.




1 comment: