Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cole's Special Day

On Monday September 7, 2009 Cole asked me if he could have his special day. I said absolutely. He said all he wanted to do was go to Wal-Mart to buy a toy and then go to Jordan's for ice cream. So, here he is sitting in the car ready to go and have a really fun day with me.

Our first stop was of course - Wal-Mart. He is fun to take shopping. He wanted to sit inside the cart. The first thing he wanted to go look at was the glitter balls. When he saw the one that Paige had bought on her special day, he decided that he had to have one also. After he picked out his ball we went looking at the toy section. I had to push him close to the shelves so he could get a closer look at what he wanted to buy. After looking at every toy (almost every one) he decided that he wanted a double barrel shot gun - (not a real one). I was a little hesitant at first. I wasn't sure if his mom & dad would approve. He insisted that was the only thing he wanted. So I said OK - but I told him he will have to be very careful with it and listen to his dad. He said he would.


Shopping is done and I asked him if he was ready to go to Jordan's now. He said the he decided that he didn't want to go anywhere else - just go home. I said are you sure you don't want any lunch or ice cream? He said no - "I am ready to go home". I was disappointed - I was looking forward to a Jordan's ice cream cone. But it was his special day so we went home. I'll take him on a special day any time. He was a cheap date.



Here he is with his gun and glitter ball. He said he had a good time.




Here we are - Grandma with her special oldest grandson - Cole. He was fun to take. It is amazing how many questions can come out of a 4 year olds mouth. The sad part is - I really had to think of how to answer most of his questions. He really had me thinking.






No comments:

Post a Comment