Sunday, June 28, 2009

School's Out

SCHOOL'S OUT & SUMMER IS IN FULL SWING around our house. The girls did extremely well in school as you can see by their report cards. Paige also started to take band lessons this year. She is playing the clarinet and doing very well. At her band concert in May she received an award for having all outstandings on her report card all year. She had mostly all A's & B's & a few C's on her report. I told them when they get their report cards I would reward them. $1.00 for A's, $.50 for B's and $.25 for C's - little did I know how much money I would have to pay out over the year. They never forget how much I owe them. Paige will be going into 5th grade next year. WOW how fast the years have gone.



























Now on too Miss Hannah. She is a STRAIGHT A STUDENT. I told her how proud I was of her. She said she "Pays attention in class".

I am not any more proud of her than I am of Paige - I am equally proud of both of them. I keep telling them I am going to have to take out a loan at the bank to pay them for their good grades. Hannah will be going on to 2nd grade. They are growing up so fast.

Now on to Cole - he just finished is 2 year home school program and did very well. He had a teacher come to the house 2 days a week - Monday's and Friday's. She would bring him a toy or book on Monday then on Friday they would go over the item. He also goes 1 day a week - Wednesday - to preschool. Ray takes him and stays to help where ever he is needed. Chris and Heather was hoping he could get into early kindergarten. He won't be 5 until October 14 which is after the cutoff date. He was tested a few weeks ago - but did not pass. They said he has an above average IQ (114) - but he needed a superior IQ (134) to qualify for early kindergarten. He probabely has a higher IQ then some of the teachers. He will be in preschool 1 more year. That will be OK.
I am very proud of all of them.











1 comment: