Sunday, September 13, 2009

SUMMER RECAP PART 2

On July 11, 2009 we took a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo with Cole's preschool. This was their end of the year field trip. I hadn't been there for a long time. I knew there would be alot of walking but didn't know about all the hills you had to walk up and down. Despite the heat and all the walking we had a good time.This lion is a gorgeous animal. While we were watching him he started to make some sort of sound. It was a cross between a cough and a roar. Hannah asked me what that was - I said to her "He is coughing up a fur ball". Can you imagine the size of that fur ball!!!!!!!. I guess if you are the king of the jungle you can cough up any size you want. The sound was so loud we heard him on the other side of the park.
NICE KITTIES - How would you like to have these cats go in your litter box? Not me. These Bengal tigers are so beautiful. The rocks must have been the only cool place they could find.

The snow leopard is another beautiful animal at the zoo. I would like to go back someday when it is cooler so that I could see them moving around.


The elephants were one of my favorate exhibits. I couldn't believe how close this elephant was to the fence we were standing next too. It was soo neat to see him playing in the water. I wouldn't want to be the one to scrub his back!!!!!!!!!!!



This polar bear exhibit was about the halfway point in our tour of the zoo. It was mostly downhill from here.





1 comment: